Since the company's foundation in 1991, Techland has been consistently reinforcing its position in the industry and in 2000 began to conquer international markets.
Initially, our activities were focused on the distribution of software in Poland. Later, towards the end of the nineties, we decided to commence the in-house production of computer software with the emphasis on video games. Currently, we create advanced high-budget games for all major platforms – the PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The primary technology we use is our proprietary engine, currently at version 6, middleware, and toolset continuously developed for over 10 years now. Using this top-notch technology, we have released over 20 games, included Dead Island, Call of Juarez, Dying Light and Dying Light: The Following. We also develop mobile games for iOS and Android devices.
Techland is a team of over two hundred dynamic people driven by ambition and creative passion. Our staff consists of highly experienced industry specialists and talented young apprentices from all fields. Every one of us perceives the electronic entertainment not only as their job but, more importantly, also as our lifetime passion and hobby. We achieve professional excellence by bringing ambitious projects to life and constant learning. Every day we push ourselves to realize our vision – deliver cutting-edge and attractive electronic entertainment.
Our offices are located in Wroclaw, Warsaw,Ostrow Wielkopolski and Vancouver.
Our selected achievements
- 2016An massively expanded edition of Dying Light is launched worldwide to a great critical acclaim, increasing the total player count to over 7,5 million people.
- 2015Dying Light launches to great critical and commercial reception. The player count exceeds 3,2 million people in first 45 days, which puts Dying Light on track to become the most popular title in Techland’s history.
- 2014Dying Light receives more than 50 awards and nominations while IGN readers pronounce it the single most anticipated horror/survival game.
- 2013Techland announces its partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to bring Dying Light to next generation platforms (Xbox One and PlayStation 4), as well as to PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- 2013Dead Island sales reaches 6 million copies while the awaited continuation Dead Island: Riptide is released the same year.
- 2012Once again Develop magazine features Techland in its prestigious ranking Develop 100, this time on 25. position.
- 2012Mad Riders becomes the first game by Techland available simultaneously on all major digital distribution platforms – Steam, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.
- 2011Almost 3 million copies of Dead Island shipped worldwide in 3 months.
- 2010Develop magazine features Techland in its prestigious ranking Develop 100, where the company places 58. overall.
- 2009Ubisoft recognizes Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood as one of the key games in its publishing catalogue for FY2009-2010 – the game becomes the first title made in Poland available simultaneously on three major platforms (PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3).
- 2007Call of Juarez becomes the first game made in Poland available on Xbox 360.
- 2006Call of Juarez becomes the first PC game to use the breakthrough DirectX 10 technology.
- 2003Chrome* becomes the first game by Techland to use the company’s proprietary engine.
* - ceased distribution/sale
- 2000Crime Cities becomes the first game developed internally by Techland.